Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Daughter's 2013 ka. Engine stops at 60 mph, she restarts it,

Daughter's 2013 ka. Engine stops at 60 mph, she restarts it, but it seems to be in limpo mode (loss of power). Diagnostic tester reports misfire cylinders 2 and 3. Any Ideas please Steve
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says it has only started to happen after cam belt change.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
If you have a miss in 2nd and 3rd cylinder then this could be anything from spark plugs to injectors .But interesting that the belt has just been replaced as a belt that slips 0ne tooth would cause a misfire codes .Remove spark plugs and check .Do a engine compression test if the compression is not even with each other then possible timing belt jump .If compression are all the same replace plugs .Which should of been done with the timing belt (Normally).. Do this first then please get back to me if needed. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a loose battery connection last week tightened it and all was well for over a week. No loss of power, no error codes. took it over 60 mph at will, highest speed of 84 mph absolutely perfect, until today. I will change plugs and get compression checked. Thanks Greg. Will update you. Thanks Steve.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve . recheck for codes see if you have other codes besides the P0302 nand P0303. Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
code P0300 - misfire
P0302 - cylinder 2 misfire
P0303 - cylinder 3 misfire
Regards Steve
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Check plugs compression test first Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as she is free. I have ordered new plugs to eliminate the old ones.
Steve
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good Steve .. Greg