Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2002 Tino Hurricane sounded like a holed exhaust. Power going

2002 Tino Hurricane sounded like a holed exhaust. Power going uphill seemed to be mediocre at best (second hand information) Started engine this morning to see if any fumes appeared under the car where it shouldn't. Knocking sound for a couple of seconds, then it quietened down. Revved engine - quite high revs. Bonnet was up Engine died, smoke from right hand side - drivers seat view. Engine will not start at all now. Any advice would help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd 1st check to see if the oil level in the engine is up to the markand if this is OK then check that the oil light is going out on cranking it would also be worthwhile to get the car plugged into a scan tool to pull off any fault codes as this will greatly speed up diagnosis
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you