Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have replaced the alternator on my 1999 smart car, there

Customer Question

Hi I have replaced the alternator on my 1999 smart car, there was only one wire to connect. the new alternator dose not work but has been tested as working. they say there should be two wires to the alternator.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello this is correct there should be a large high current connection with an M8 bolt and then a small electrical connector that actually switches the alternator over to charge
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you