Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

2007 opel corsa abs pump gone. any advice?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi..there.. What sort advice are you looking for? How did you go about confirming the ABS pump at fault?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
mechanic did brake test and diagnostics.nothing showed up. thought it might be the master cylinder. rang the main dealer where it was purchased.was told pointless fitting cylinder your abs is gone.1300euro plus vat. 9 year old car? no alert on the dashboard to say they,re was a problem. wife had a near miss with a truck.I,m more than pissed off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
should main dealer be responsible because nothing was flagged
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how good would a 2nd hand be
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi.. Normally if the ABS is faulty or there is current issue with it then the ABS warning should be will come on at ignition cycle but should go out once its self tested and if everything is ok then the ABS light shouldnt be on..that being said they could monitor through live data if the ABS is working by i mean the sensors input or signal etc..aswell as check the wiring voltage and earth from the main harness to the control module.... I dont understand why if nothing is on the dash warning wise they have come up with the abs at fault..if its hydraulic problem with the modulator valve..then that could give a non abs fault thats where the fluid from the master goes to and then is distributed from that to all 4 corners brakes....If its valve block modulator this where your brake lines go might get away with a secondhand one if you transfer the control module side from your one to replacement over to it.breakers could be your best bet or ebay etc...having said that their lots of places online that do repairs or remanufactured ABS pumps that might lessen the overall cost and maybe repair your own ABS pump..worth enquiring with them first and take it from there..