Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Mondao 3 tdci ticks over but when revs up lacks power and somkes

Customer Question

mondao 3 tdci ticks over but when revs up lacks power and somkes like hell thats grayish white coil light flashing have no means to get fult code so can you help me sos to iliminat poss coreses thaks
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** is my number your setup will not except my number on account page
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonightDoes the vehicle missfire heavily when revved upRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not realy just heavy smoke and that lessons as engine gets faster on move till you stop and then goes heavy
Hi thanks does the glow plug light flash constantly Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Hi there thanks This issue is most commonly down to a software error which pulls up a fault code relating to a cylinder knock limit attained fault ,the injector correction factors should be re-entered into the PCM. After doing this the PCM software needs to be updated to the latest level The injector correction value is a 16 digit number on the label on the injector, if you can't read this number then unfortunately the injector will need replacing this will then enable you to put the new correction value in from the label on the new injector.Compatible diagnostic equipment is required to input the correction value and to update the PCM software, This procedure should be carried out using Ford IDS diagnostic software If the fault persists after coding the injectors then you will need to replace the injector in the affected cylinder If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks BRIAN before you go can you advise me on the best ids unit for this so ican start to sort it and from were it can be obtianed thaks
Hi there
Ok the ids software is ford approved software which some Independant garages have liesenced from ford to use
You cannot buy the ids software as such online etc
This is ford approved software which we use daily in main ford dealersRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Brian you just anserd the main question ive been quizing over to why thers so meany fords going for spares repairs ithink its time to scrap this and go back to petrol with old carb set up