Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have got a humming noise coming from my Vauxhall Morvano

I have got a humming noise coming from my Vauxhall Morvano after the engine is stopped for a few seconds. Any idea what it is please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would still like to know what it is if possible. I have had DPF trouble in the past witch destroyed my engine,just before the engine failed I had a humming or buzzing noise every time I stopped. I have had a recon engine installed and was hoping this noise is not connected to DPF as I don't want to be heading for a repeat of last time.. Thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
HelloI'd say that this sounds like a heater circulation pump or the vacuum pump and its quite normal for it to run for a second or two after the engine has stopped the DPF has no pump or anything else to run on so it can't be that
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years