Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2005 1.5 diesel stops after about 10 minutes and then will

my 2005 1.5 diesel stops after about 10 minutes and then will not start until it is cold again.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellocan you tell me what sensor is showing up as failing? as if it the crank sensor is the one failing then the engine will shut down, the same is true of the cam sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the garage did not say which sensor it was. is there a box which sends signals to all the sensors on the engine ? Has i said they said a voltage drop was deteched.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello yes the ECU ( engine control unit) is wired to all the engine sensorsthis control unit / computer controls the engine with feedback from each of these sensors a voltage drop on an engine sensor or wiring loom can create failure issues and stop the engine
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you