Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

How difficult would it be to convert a LHD Fiat Uno Turbo Mk1

Customer Question

How difficult would it be to convert a LHD Fiat Uno Turbo Mk1 car to RHD?????
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi and good morning . This is a big job and the best and cheapest way to do this would be to find the same car at a salvage yard that has been in a rear end crash and transfer all parts from the RHD to your LHD.The complete dash ,all steering components,A/C system ,basically the dash and all behind it .this means the complete wiring harness other wise its will need splicing to fit on the other side .seen this done and you will have a lot of future electrical problems .Seen a lot of cars changed to LHD and its never good unless you have a good donor car to change over all parts .even the door controls are a problem they need changing over from passengers to drivers . steering multi switch is on the other side ...There are firms in the UK that do this job RHD conversions . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you advise me who could do the parts transfer you suggest. The car is a Fiat Uno Turbo and I am unlikely to find any in a scrapyard. Uno 45's are still around.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi . Here are a few sites that you could get in touch with ,http://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/car-parts-accessories/left-hand-drive-conversion-uk.htmlhttp://www.dtrsports.com/ This is an expensive job ,which could reach 3.500. pounds Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He answered my questions thank you.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir . Rgds Greg