Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Is it a problem to see emulsified oil when getting a second

is it a problem to see emulsified oil when getting a second hand
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING A SECOND HAND CORSA ANDS THERE IS TRACES OF IMUSIFIED OIL IN THE FILLER CAP IS THIS CAUSE FOR CONCERN OR COULD IT BE CAUSED BY CONDENSATION
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello it quite possible that the engine is fine as if its been used for lots of short journeys then the engine never gets hot enough to boil off the water its also possible that if its been using water and this is mixing with the oil then its a failed head gasket or cracked head / block casting the key question here is does it use water and or oil? if it does then walk away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i think that is very clear