Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have lost the locking wheel which meannsi can'tfit

Customer Question

I have lost
the locking wheel nut which meannsi can'tfit new tyres. have you any solution.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there apologies for the delay.. Not alot of options bar locking out the key code printed in the box in which the locking wheel nuts and security key came in..if you still have the box then you might have luck that way via the dealer... "some" dealers may have an assortment of keys and can sometimes get the code by finding one that fits..that only if the nuts on the car are original fitment...the only other option is to fit/smack a slightly small socket over the head of the nut and get them off that way...another is to ask around locally if anyone has a dynomec wheel nut removal kit..that will 99% of the time get them off for you..but if you dont have the security key..then it will make sense before hand to buy another set of locking wheel nuts and key and then once you get round to getting the old ones removed..then you can fit the new set on..after you've had your new tyres fitted..I do hope this helps