Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Bmw 3 series 18i 2009 traction control abs flat tyre lights

bmw 3 series 18i 2009 traction control abs flat tyre lights coming on need some advice ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there.. What sort of advice do you require? Has there been any tyre changes or work done prior to this fault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 rear tyres replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only difference is front r rear zr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.. Normally with all these warnings coming on could display a fault on ABS albiet a sensor on one of the 4 corners maybe dropping out or no signal from it...the ABS sensor is primarily used to send info back for the TPMS tyre pressure monitoring aswell as the traction/abs/speedo.if the sensor drops out then it will automatically set a code for which ever side is at fault and can cause those warnings to flag up..ideally the best approach really in all cases such as you have would be to get it scanned ideally on a live data recording wave form..the car driven for a short distance and then see if all 4 sensors are sending back a wave form thats even and not dropping out or intermittent failure....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I got the garage to check my car the driver side flat tyre was indicated when he pluged the diaignostics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get it fixed?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Depends which tyre pressure monitoring system you have..either FTM or TPM.. FTM is the rotational speed of each wheel determines the pressure of the tyres via the ABS sensor "as above ensure that sensor is working via live data" - Where as TPM uses pressure sensors installed in the tyres which is essentially the valve component itself..when they had the rear tyres changed if the rims didnt have those sensors then you'll have FTM..if the drivers side was indicated as being flat could be an issue with the ABS sensor and likely need replaced not uncommon on these or signal pulse ring the sensor monitors.inspection of that would be ideal....I persume after the tyres where replaced and the pressure adjusted you reset the TPMS manually via the car iDrive control center under vehicle settings or status menu..