Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Ok here's a good one now listen close I have a Mazda

Customer Question

Ok here's a good one for you now listen close I have a Mazda b2500 2.5 diesel pickup it's just had a recon engine with apparently new head (questionable). So I have done 700 miles in it keeping under 60mph for the 1st 500 miles as specified by the garage and I noticed at 300miles a slight oil appearance in the cooler bottle so kept my eye on it and it seemed to get worse every 100 miles and then at 700 miles it was too late the oil was well into the water! So called the garage and they told me it's the oil cooler that has failed? So my question to you is what is it? Where is it? And why can't any garage no about it and sort it like changing a spark plug?? It seems no one has the knowledge to give me the answers and I can't seem to get the part from anywhere and s this the actual cause of the problem in the first place or are my suspicions right that the so called brand new head is in fact a skimmed head and its failed.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 5 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hello its quite possible that the oil cooler has failed and is allowing the oil and water to mix this is located just under the oil filter ( see the attached image) and is fed with coolant the units can corrode internally and split with oil being forced into the water system
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you