Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a chrysler voyager reg 2003 its a petrol 3.3 v6 and

Hi i have a chrysler voyager reg 2003 its a petrol 3.3 v6 and it is for some time doing a engine noise my mecanic told me problely it the crankshaft but last sunday coming back home the noise whent worse and whent off twice with some trys i manage to bring the car home but the noise stops people it is like a Tak tak tak noise i ask my mecanic to come by he says the engine its gone have to bye an engine or scrap the car i need a second opinion thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if the noise is a light ticking from the top end of the engine then this isn't too serious as its likely to be a sticking tappet but if its more of a knocking deep inside the engine then yes its possible to be a big end bearing ideally the next step would be to measure the oil pressure as if this is low then its another indication the big-end bearing is worn now its possible to repair things by replacing the bearings , that is providing the crank bearing surface isn't damaged but I should also say that it is possible if the engine has been knocking for some time the crank will be damaged and it would be economic to source a replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you where the best place to go to make sure whats the problem because loose this car t is my very last option.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello any independent garage can do an oil pressure checkI'd suggest to find a local garage unrelated to the 1st one you've asked if you can tell me your location I'll try to help with recommending somewhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cr0 7au
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello try this firmhttp://www.dandsautosolutions.com/contact-us/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank very much matt for your help was a good experiense to use this service good costumer service friendly and helpful thank you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to help