Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2012 diesel Vauxhall Corsa and I've recently

I have a 2012 diesel Vauxhall Corsa and I've recently noticed that it gives a very short, under a second, squeaky-creaky noise when I start the car.The car does start fine there is no change. Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Does this occur each time the car is started or just at first start morning for example?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It first happened when I dropped my friend off and re-started the car (this was after driving for about 10-15 minutes). I tried again the next day in the afternoon and at first it didn't happen, but it did at second try. Also occurred twice this morning.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. there maybe a few things that would need inspected ideally that being the main belt for condition or showing signs of wear or a pulley bearing is maybe seizing up and thus causes the belt to slip and create the noise you hear, you would need to remove the belt to check those.normally if that was the case then you would hear it hear go on alot longer then you have described..but it would be best having it inspected all the same..the only other thing it could be is the starter itself internally the only way to know that is to listen to the starter itself as someone else keeps shutting down and starting up the car to guage if that where the noise comes from..with such intemittent noise's its difficult to pin it to one thing entirely..so as above the most common starting points for checks above would be the best way forward..