Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have Hyundai i40 and while drove on motorway the clutch stucked

I have Hyundai i40 and while drove on motorway the clutch stucked down couldnt use the gear, had to pull over. After 15 minutes it's came up and worked as normal. Then while driving a while it's repeatedly stucked down, unable to drive the car home, had to call rescue car. What could be the problem? The car is 4 and half years old and has 102000 miles. Is it wears or warranty ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd say that either the clutch cable has stretched and needs adjustment , or the clutch pedal has cracked and is flexing under laod I'd take a peek at the top of the pedal and inspect for cracks if thats OK then take a look at the other end of the cable in the engine bay as there should be some threaded adjustment to allow you to remove the slack and freeplay