Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a vw scirroco 2010 1.4tsi. It is flashing emission

I have a vw scirroco 2010 1.4tsi. It is flashing emission light sometimes. Got diagnostics done which showed sporadic misfire on cylinder 4. Got spark plugs changed and ignition coil pack on cylinder four but still showed light and roughness in engine when ticking over( like a vibration.) Compression test showed 10 on gauge on cylinder 4. Want to know where do I go from here? Only 66 k on clock,and dont really want to sell it
Any help much appreciated,
DL.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello can you tell me what the gauge measures in ? as if its BAR then 10 is fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MattSorry it wasnt 10. turns out it was 4 bar or 60psi at 800rpm.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
HelloOK 4 bar is far too lowa typical reading should be at least 7 to 10 Barwas this measurement done with the throttle open?also what was the reading on the other cylinders?as they should all be roughly the same within 10-15 psi of each otherif the reading is really this lowthen squirt some engine oil into the bore and repeat the measurementif the reading leaps up then you know the issue is with the piston /bore if its unchanged then it a valve sealing issueif its the latter then this is better news as the cylinder head can be removed with the engine in the car and the valve replaced at a lower cost than reboring / replacing the engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will try ring you later.