Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My 1.2 petrol skoda fabia has loss of power and limited to

Customer Question

my 1.2 petrol skoda fabia has loss of power and limited to 2000rpm with a light on dash looks like and engine symbol what wrong
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. The only way to know to get idea on what exactly needs inspected is to get the car plugged in using a code reader or high end scanner..this will verfiy what fault fault codes are currently stored or pending..the engine symbol is basically your engine managment light that tells you the ECU has fault codes stored and as above requires you to take the steps as mentioned above..the limit in performance is likely the car gone into limp home mode because of the engine light being active..there are so many variables from ignition to emmisons faults it difficult to pin it to one area without knowing what the P fault codes are..and that needs to be your first place to start before further checks can be made..I do hope this helps