Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

When I start my mazda cx7 with the clutch down it shudders

Customer Question

When I start my mazda cx7 with the clutch down it shudders and stops
Starts fine when not in gear and clutch up
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like an answer
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd 1st check the state of the clutch position switch in the footwell at the top of the pedal

its a simple 2 wire device that's used to tell the ECU if the pedal is pushed or not - check it with a meter and replace if it if in any doubt

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you couldn't answer my question would you like to refund me as I didn't rate this site as you said reply in a few hours and max of 24 hours and still haven't had an answer many thanks
Jason
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jason

so you haven't tried the clutch position switch as I suggested then?