Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I hit a kerb with my new aygo and now the light has come on

Hi I hit a kerb with my new aygo and now the light has come on saying passenger airbag I'm so upset
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I can take it to Toyota but I've no ncb and don't want my insurance to sky rocket next year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone please help. I've got it booked in to the garage Friday but I'm scared to drive it.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. It will be perfectly safe to drive..the problem really is that as you highlight the passenger air bag has become faulty or the shock in which you hit the kirk as causes a issue connection wise or sensed as possible crash situation..if it hasnt deployed then steps need to be taken to have the car plugged in diagnostically and then steps to check the Airbag system for faults or the issue you have..it maybe likely a case of just clearing the faults but it normally it will be either replacement of the airbag on that itself aswell as inspection of all airbag system/pretensioner connections on that side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for that. I've got it booked in for a diagnostic on Friday I'm hoping it's not going to be anything major could do without a massive bill just now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The airbag hasn't deployed by the way
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
If hasnt deployed then thay may able to just reset and clear the fault codes in the system..they certainly would need to try that first id say..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Robert I haven't slept with worrying. Let's hope fingers crossed its nothing major.