Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

What is the difference between a Touchtronic box and a

Customer Question

what is the difference between a Touchtronic box and a Sequential gearbox (Please answer in non technical terms please) is the later a paddle shift without a clutch pedal ?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UNABLE TO PROGRESS AS system will not recognise my temp password
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

the touchtronic box is regular automatic transmission and the sequential is a manual transmission with an automated selector and automated clutch so using electric motors to replace the normal gear lever and clutch pedal action

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you