Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Just lately when i am in slow traffick when i put my foot on

just lately when i am in slow traffick when i put my foot on the clutch peddle it tends to stay down.I then have to pull it back up with my foot.My car is a s60 2lit petrol turbo ,year 2006.Can you suggest a fix.
Regards,
Art.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi Art .

When this starts to happen then you are low on fluid , check the fluid level.

Most time when the fluid gets low this is due to a leak in the system ,most common is the slave cylinder on the transmission side .

if this is clean then check the clutch master cylinder .

Also common for your problem is the seals inside the master cylinder fail ,and cause the pedal to drop to the floor without any pressure and when you lift the pedal back up it works again .this is where the seal flips backwards .the master cylinder can be repaired or replace the master cylinder completely .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.