How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Your Own Question
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 4570
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
Type Your Car Question Here...
Robert is online now

I need to replace the Turbo on my 2011 Mazda 6 ts2 2.2d

Resolved Question:

I need to replace the Turbo on my 2011 Mazda 6 ts2 2.2d (engine mzr-cd) but unsure which unit I need can you tell me what I need?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.


You normally need the entire turbo unit itself,gaskets - including the oil feed line/o-rings plus the return pipe if required you'll no doubt have to seek those extra parts from Mazda itself will also be required to perform a full oil and filter change once the new turbo is fitted..the below link is online site you can maybe look at for the turbo itself..but you need to check yours first but should be a turbo for the R2 engine code as per same waste gate actuator

Having said that - its wise to find out from your garage or at least they should be finding out why the turbo has failed if thats whats occurred..normally turbo's always fail due to oil supply issues to the turbo itself or problems with the DPF even being partially blocked or fully its vital that those are ruled out as if you come to fit another turbo and blows again then you'll back to square one..I do hope this helps

Robert and 2 other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - yes I know about the DPF issues they can have thanks. will be getting that cleared also, just needed to know the turbo part number required to price up a reconditioned unit as the amount I was quoted for a brand new one I might as well as replaced the car

Related Car Questions