Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I need to replace the Turbo on my 2011 Mazda 6 ts2 2.2d

I need to replace the Turbo on my 2011 Mazda 6 ts2 2.2d (engine mzr-cd) but unsure which unit I need can you tell me what I need?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

You normally need the entire turbo unit itself,gaskets - including the oil feed line/o-rings plus the return pipe if required you'll no doubt have to seek those extra parts from Mazda itself locally.you will also be required to perform a full oil and filter change once the new turbo is fitted..the below link is online site you can maybe look at for the turbo itself..but you need to check yours first but should be a turbo for the R2 engine code as per same waste gate actuator

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-6-2-2D-VJ41-R2AA-125HP-163HP-185HP-Turbocharger-Turbo-/151601470069?fits=Car+Make%3AMazda&hash=item234c26da75:g:eTgAAOSwPhdU7bO8

Having said that - its wise to find out from your garage or at least they should be finding out why the turbo has failed if thats whats occurred..normally turbo's always fail due to oil supply issues to the turbo itself or problems with the DPF even being partially blocked or fully restricted...so its vital that those are ruled out as if you come to fit another turbo and blows again then you'll back to square one..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - yes I know about the DPF issues they can have thanks. will be getting that cleared also, just needed to know the turbo part number required to price up a reconditioned unit as the amount I was quoted for a brand new one I might as well as replaced the car