Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I'm looking to buy a 61 plate cupra R with 55000 m when is

Customer Question

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 61 plate cupra R with 55000 m when is the cambelt due to be changed and what else at the same time and cost plesse
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

the belt change interval is 75,000 miles or every 5 years so as its a 2011 car then a belt change is required

this is the latest information as the original handbook may mention 115,000m miles but Audi have since revised this

on some cars the water pump may also be replaced when you do the belt as this has a tendency to start leaking around 80K miles

if you're just doing the belt then its about 3hours labour + £200 in parts

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you