Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a Kia C'eed, FY09 AEF. It was fine week

I have just bought a Kia C'eed, FY09 AEF. It was fine for a week then one morning there was no power steering and an EPS light was on. Got it towed to garage who said there is nothing wrong with it. Reading on Kia Owners Club websites, there seems to be a lot of discussion about this issue - HELP!
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

What kind of help are you looking for? Was the EPS warning on when it turned up to the garage do you know and did they do any checks on it? i asume it was dealer it was towed too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if, as a Kia mechanic, you had come across this problem. When the car arrived at the garage, there was no issue with the power steering.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hii.there..

Of course..Its not an uncommon fault as you've gathered..but it doesnt mean that your car would pocess the same fault..there are known issue with regards ***** ***** control unit itself which is part of the column.collapsed bearing,postion torque sensor failure..all of which require a complete column to be installed and then calibrated through the proper steps whilst on going through the steps of which with the car plugged in diagnostically..its needs to be done right! the could weell be historic fault codes they could of checked for that..aswell as full inspection of the wiring harness to the control module on the column aswell as full check on the complete charging system which the EPS relys on heavily....Because its doesnt seem to be an issue now then as you'll understand they need to see that fault and eps actually happen..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Robert, that is kind of the picture I was getting.