Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a 06 VW Sharan 1.9 tdi pd Vehicle had really good

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a 06 VW Sharan 1.9 tdi pd
Vehicle had really good brakes until one day the front rubber brakelines got replaced.
Since then pedal siking and the brakes feel really weak.
They tried everything they could, master cylinder got repaced,system got bled with several softwares. After all of this it's still not good.
Befor it had a hard pedal and pulled up very nicely.
If u had any idea what could couse it would be highly appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

I'd double check all the unions for tightness on all the joints.
Also I'd use a pressure bleeder such as Easibleed to push fluid through to each corner first then use the two person method below to bleed the brakes.

I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times then holds it down then you crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing.

Repeat this a few times on all calipers and start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder.

If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line is ballooning under pressure, this can't always be seen from the outside so to test this use a hose clamp on each line in turn to close off then lines one at time . Push the pedal in between and see if you can feel any difference as each line is closed off.

and lastly its possible that there's air trapped in the ABS pump

if you take the car for a short drive and hit the brakes hard as you can to get the pump to trigger and then try re-bleeding again this often works

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you