Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

The rear windscreen wiper arm on my 2008 polo seems just to

Customer Question

The rear windscreen wiper arm on my 2008 polo seems just to have fallen of. All that remains is a sort of bolt arrangement sticking through the windscreen. Is this easy to repair
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

If the rear wiper motor stills works? all you'll need is to remove the old holding nut and too the ring collar that may still be on the spline..you may need a small puller to remove that or cut it off.. that held the previous wiper arm - purchase another rear wiper arm for the car..might have to go through dealer unless you can find one on ebay.. ensure the wiper is park position - fit the wiper arm to the spindle then use the bolt to tighten down the arm onto the spindle..retest the arms works and parks correctly..if not radjust the arm position by gently loosening off the nut and re position the arm..tightne nut back down and re-test - fit the plastic trim over the nut..and that should be that...I do hope this helps