Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a nissan almera and got an oil leak from the radiator

hi
i have a nissan almera and got an oil leak from the radiator at the bottom. any idea and how much would it be to fix??/
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if its an automatic transmission then the oil cooler for trans is inside the main rad and can leak over time

in which case you can get oil in the water and the whole radiator must be replaced

now if its just a drip from the hose clip try tightening up the clip , possibly the hose and clip may need replacing

if its not an auto then its possibly a coolant drip ? in which case check the clip tightness and condition of the hose and again these may need replacing

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. So if the hose and clip need replacement, are they expensive to change.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

not at all , a typical parts cost is about £50 including coolant and allow an hours labour if you're not doing the job yourself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I buy this parts from and what are they called can you help me out please.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

its called a bottom hose for the radiator and you'll need a hose clip to match it if you ask for a jubilee type clip then these are easier to use - and you can either buy the parts from a nissan dealership or from most generic car parts suppliers like Eurocar parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for all your help.