Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2006 Sedona 2.9 diesel that will start with a touch

I have a 2006 Sedona 2.9 diesel that will start with a touch of easy start but even when the engine is hot when it is stood for 5mins it won't start again. The pressure sensor and filters have been changed and the pre heat element works fine. There is no engine management light on and when it is running it is perfect.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd 1st check the connections to the crankshaft sensor, unplug it and check for corroded contacts and broken wiring, and consider fitting a new sensor - do the same for the cam position sensor

If the EGR valve is stuck open then this too can effect starting so try disconnecting it to see if this helps or changes anything

Could also be an injector leaking fuel back through the overspill pipe, so not getting enough fuel pressure to tell ECU to fire the injectors, this is trickier to find and you’ll need the garage to do a ‘run back’ test to identify which one is the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should of thought of a leak off test, just done one and 2 injectors are leaking back pretty bad. Thanks