Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2003 Skoda Fabia Estate. A couple of weeks ago the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Skoda Fabia Estate. A couple of weeks ago the immobiliser flashing light stayed off when I locked the car doors (as if the immobiliser had not activated).I continued to use the car without any problems. Last week the light began flashing again and it seemed the at fault had corrected itself. This week the fault has reoccurred (Immobiliser light not flashing).However, I can still lock/unlock the doors (with key and remote) and still start the engine as normal.
My question is this. If continue to use the car is it possible that at some point that I could find myself locked out or unable to start the engine...stranded!
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Have you tried a spare key/fob if you have one - to see if the immobiliser comes on each time the cars locked etc?