Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a SAAB 93 Estate 2006 with 127 ,000 on the clock. I

Hello. I have a SAAB 93 Estate 2006 with 127 ,000 on the clock. I had the Turbo, clutch and dual mass fly wheel all replaced along with the diesel particle filter around 2 years ago at 100,000. Overall I spent 3000. The dual mass fly wheel is playing up again out of warranty, my air conditioning no longer functions, the starter motor is playing up and the latest thing to go wrong is that the key is no longer being recognised by the car so I cannot operate the central locking nor start the car. I would like some advise are there are certain parts on the car which could be of use to someone. I just feel reluctant to scrap such a well built vehicle and I want to try and get some money back. A secondary question. Is there a way to bypass all the electronics so I can use my existing key and not have a car alarm etc.?John Holmes.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi John .

Few ways to go about this and depends on how much free space you have .

One is to sell all parts on ebay from engine down to the doors , carpet ,door mirrors.

you can get a lot of money back doing it this way .for example just the instrument cluster

you can get from 50 to 80 quid.

The bonnet $200 - $500 .etc

Check out ebay and see what people are selling from there saabs.

Next would be to sell as is ..

There is no bypass but is common for this to happen as the twice is under the seat and is known to fail due to water ingress.

you could call out a good locksmith and see if they can check and repair /reprogram the system for you .

Here is a link of where you can locate a locksmith that will come out to you .

Please click here for locksmith.

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.