Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have bought a Suzuki Jimny which has an XR filter on the

I have bought a Suzuki Jimny which has an XR filter on the main brake pipe from the servo - can anyone tell me what this is for?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there

If you mean on the Vacuum supply line to the booster/servo itself..if fitted of sorts an inline filter? normally these are fitted to stop reverse flow absorbtion of flow of air and fuel vapour to the brake servo from the crankcase to help prevent rotting the diaphram in the booster.they can also limit/help reduce hissing brake booster air noise...sometimes they can cause issue if they become blocked by restriciting vaccum supply to the booster thus allowing the brake pedal to become heavy to depress..I do hope this helps