Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a turbo-diesel 2.2lt Grand Espace on 02 year. My

I have a turbo-diesel 2.2lt Grand Espace on 02 year. My query is that the car works and runs fine until it has to climb a steep hill, I then loose power and the speed will drop to 23 mph or less. It does not do it all the time, but it is embarrassing when in traffic. Can you please give me some indication what might be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if its only dropping power on an incline then its likely to be a problem with the fuel delivery system

I'd 1st try replacing the fuel filter with a new item and also check that the gas tank filler cap seal is in good condition

I'd also consider replacing the electric lift pump inside the tank as if this is coked up on its filter screen or faulty then it'll struggle to pick up fuel and will be strongly effect by an incline

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually there is no point in calling me right now as my garage is closed until Tuesday. They will then implement the suggestions given by Matt. It is only then when we have tested the vehicle will we know wether it has cured the problem. If not I will contact you again, Many thanks for your help so far.
Piers Langhelt