Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Citroen C3 Picasso 5 years old power steering pump gone.

Citroen C3 Picasso 5 years old power steering pump gone. Told cost of replacement is about £1000 (+labour). True, or can it be fixed?
Neil Arundel
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

you can pay this much if you go for a new rack from citreon and pay the surcharge for not providing an exchange rack

however there are a cheaper routes

if you contact this firm

http://www.power-steering.co.uk/citroen-c2-and-c3-power-steering-rack-exchange-2

they will either repair your unit or send a refurbished unit with a refundable surchage once you send them your old part

this should be about £400 or less for the parts

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sorted now. Apparently Citroen have not charged for the replacement but I do have to pay the labour charge.