Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

The display on dashboard showing how many miles left till

Customer Question

hi the display on dashboard showing how many miles left till empty etc has gone, i press the button on steering and nothing happens
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, havnt had an answer
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

cna you tell me what make, model year and the milage please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 picasso Xsara, 120000
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

Ok

these dashboards are sadly prone to sudden failure and can also stop reading the overall milage or speed or stop altogether

I'd say you have 2 options

1 locate a working cluster in a scrap vehicle

or

have your cluster repaired by a specialist

the drawback of fix 1 is that the system will then display a higher milage on teh car if the donor has done more miles than yours

so if your milage is at 60k and you fit a cluster from an 80K car then it will show 80K

if you find a cluster thats lower than 60K it will still show 60K

cluster repair firms are:

http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repairlist

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you