Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Took my motorbike to have the tyres changed. 2 1/2 hours

Customer Question

Took my motorbike to have the tyres changed. 2 1/2 hours later the garage tells me that I have no air in my front brake. The brakes were fine before I went and the brake fluid level was also fine. Have the garage been careless when changing my tyres?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

if the front brakes are now inoperative then yes I'd say they may have caused some damage

when you say there's no air in the front brake do you mean fluid? or is the front tyre now flat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tyre isn't flat. The garage held their hands up and told me that one of the mechanics had let air into the brake fluid causing the front brake to fail. They've done a full brake service for free. Thanks for the response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did mean fluid yes, not air lol
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

OK

providing they've fully bled the system then it all should be well

please bear mind that the site takes a deposit at the beginning of the process and only when you rate my answer do I recieve a portion of this deposit

so please take a moment to rate my answer using the star buttons at the bottom of the screen

thank you

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you