Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have found a Seat Leon 2013 version. It's has solid red

I have found a Seat Leon for sale 2013 version. It's has solid red paint. I've never has solid paint before.Is solid paint as pleasing on the eye? Is it as durable? It is worth waiting for a metallic paint version?THERE IS NO SEAT ON YOUR DROPDOWN MENU - SO CHOSE VW
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

solid paint in good condition can look very nice, it comes down to personal choice, naturally it won't reflect the light quite as well as a metallic so it may appear less 'shiny' but its also easier to polish up and get a good result than a metallic finish and far far easier to repair if you have a minor scuff when compared to the metallic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it a durable?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

yes

just as durable as the metallic - the lacquer coating over the top is the same between both paint types

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final question-Would you recommend the coating dealers offer to put on the car to seal it? Can I buy something that does the same and do it myself
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd ignore that 'coating' its just a high quality wax that you easily apply yourself