Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Left my kia week while I went away went to get back in it

Hi left my kia for a week while I went away went to get back in it and when you put your foot on brakes to slow down it sounds like clading
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Sounds like it could well be surface rust on the disc itself..normally this should vanish once you have braked a few times..as the pads will self clean the surface area again..If the problem still persists then it maybe worth whicle askinga garage to do a visual inspection of the pads and discs and or maybe clean up to ensure the pads are ok once removed etc..you dont really need to replace anything unless required..just a general clean and inspection and then see if the problems is solved..I do hope this helps..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it best not to drive the car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I dont see why you can still use the car..unless the brakes dont perform or the pedal feels soft..or prettymuch no braking effort...you just really want them to be checked out as a pre-caution...front and back