Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My friend is out on the road with her Suzuki Jimny (2006)

My friend is out on the road with her Suzuki Jimny (2006) and the Malfunction Indication Light has come on, which sounds as though it could mask a hundred possible ills. She is still 2 hours away from her destination. Will it be OK to continue driving?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

It would be pretty hard to determine if its ok or not the drive without knowing the reason why the EML has flagged and how the vehicle is running at the moment with that warning up....if the car seems to perform ok as it always has and starts up ok.. then it should be fine in my opinion..of course if the vehicle seems to be restricted performance wise or missfiring, cutting out etc..then it would be best ideally calling a breakdown service ie: AA,RAC to diagnose the issue and then take it from there...