Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I'm thinking of buying a 2008 vw polo match 1.2 for £1600.

Hi I'm thinking of buying a 2008 vw polo match 1.2 for £1600. Only thing is it has 120k miles on it. Although the seller said it got a new timing belt and new clutch last yr. He also has the full service history for the car. Is it a good idea to buy the car or are the miles too high? I've a friend who is a mechanic who is gonna take a look at it next wk before I buy it. Just want some advice beforehand as the guy is travelling a fair distance to deliver the car to me. Don't wanna waste his time if I'm not gonna buy it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 12 months ago.
Hi there good morning To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you todayOk I wouldn't be put off buying a high mileage car as long as it has been looked after and services regularly which from your description it has
The main issue is the timing belt (which has been changed ) so you can have peace of mind in this aspect
I find when purchasing cars with this mileage you know by the service history of it has been looked after which definitely sounds the case here
The main issue with high mileage vehicles is the engines (commonly down to poor serving/oil quality )
(which if they have been serviced correctly ) will be fineIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue Please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciatedBrian