Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

DO both fans on a Tuscan TVR 2000 RUN IN THE SAME DIRECTION

Customer Question

DO both fans on a Tuscan TVR 2000 RUN IN THE SAME DIRECTION we have two fans both running in opposite directions
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do both fans on a Tuscan TVR 2000 run in the same direction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do both fans on a Tuscan TVR run in the same direction our Tuscan has two fans running in opposite directions
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

that doesn't sound right to me, both fans are mounted behind the radiator so both should 'pull' the air through

a simple test where you have the fans running ( having got the car hot enough) and then hold a piece of tissue close to the back of the fan to check which way the air is moving out the back of each fan

if both are 'pulling' then all is well but I'm quite sure you will find 1 is pushing and the other pulling and as they are the same fan type then this isn't correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is their an easy way to fix this so both fans run to pull air through thank you .
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

1st thing to check is the fan wiring loom as the wiring to the fans is just from a relay in the fuse box

there's no control module or anything complicated its just a relay switched via the ECU that gives power to the fan motors

so for 1 fan to run backwards then it must be connected the wrong way round

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks problem fixed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

glad to help

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?