Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 04 x type 2.0 diesel the glow plug light comes on

I have a 04 x type 2.0 diesel the glow plug light comes on and flashes , it seems to be under moderate acceleration then the engine cuts out and the engine fault light comes on.....The car restarts and runs Ok under about 2200rpm but cuts out again if i go over or accelerate hard...any ideas...?
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 12 months ago.
Hi there good evening To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to tonightOk do you know what fault code/s are being logged by the PCMHas this fault got progressively worseKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello there
no i don't know what codes sorry. ?. Is there a way I can find out or does a dealer have to do that ? Iv done a little research and found a thread on honest John about an identical problem with an 05 2.0 monde diesel he said it was a problem with the egr valve being coked up with soot
does this sound familiar. ?.?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i have only had the car a short time so don't know if it has got progressively worse car seemed fine till first motorway run

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

Mom ideally you should have a fault code check carried out as this lets us know which sub system is raising the issue

Ok the most common cause of this issue is a fuel metering issue (commonly logs a fault code of P0251)

If the PCM detects a reading of+ or - 50 bar of the desired fuel pressure the glow plug light flashes and limp home mode is introduced

The most common cause of this is a blocked fuel filter or worn injectors which leak off too much fuel

From your description ie: harder acceleration I would suspect a drop in fuel pressure under power demand causing a sudden drop in fuel pressure

The filter should be replaced every. 37,500 miles or 3 years

If you do not know the history I would suggest replacing the filter and retesting

If the fault persists the injectors should have there fuel leak offs checked as worn injectors can leak off too much fuel which causes a pressure deviation

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward Please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciated

Brian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks brian I took the air filter out and that has stopped the problem reoccurring so it looks likely it is a fuel mixture problem....Unfortunately the car got written off on Thursday so I no longer have the car ,
thanks again