Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My Gen 2 was damaged by a previous owner. The fuel tank took

My Gen 2 was damaged by a previous owner. The fuel tank took some of tbe impact. I experience great difficulties when trying to fill up. I am lucky if I can get 5 litres into the tank. The cuel guage does not work either. What is causing this problem ???
Rgds
JJ
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

If the fuel tank has sustained somesort of impact damage and been shifted out of line then this may have had a knock on effect with either the filler pipe to the tank itself aswell as maybe the tank guage/float inside maybe stuck or maybe the wiring harness to the tank sender unit is damaged...its hard to say without actually seeing the damage thats occurred on it...that being said you'd certainly need to have the tank inspected aswell as what i mentioned above to see what has to be done to solve the problems you have above...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for great reply. I will have the fuel tank inspected by a Specialist.RgdsJJ
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

No problem..hope you get sorted out..Please dont forget to leave a rating for me..thank you