Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Chrysler pt cruiser that needs coolant adding. The

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler pt cruiser that needs coolant adding. The handbook says mopar antifreeze coolant. What should I be buying to put in there and do I pour it in neat.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Depends on the colour of coolant you have in the system already for topping up..so you should buy coolant thats ideally the same colour within the expansion tank as you never mix the two...once you know what colour it is then you simply buy the coolant type/colour accordingly...any local motor factor will sell small bootles for topping up but it should be a 50/50 mix of coolant and water..not neat...having said that depending on how much your requiring to top up with? you could add a little distilled water to bring the level up...