Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Nissan Qashqai Cruise problem. I had the front driver-side

Nissan Qashqai Cruise problem.
I had the front driver-side wheel bearing replaced recently. During replacement I had to have a new ABS cable fitted as apparently this is very difficult to remove and replace without breaking. Ever since the bearing replacement the cruise control knocks off when I hit any rough tarmac (this is on the motorway!) so driving at around 50 to 70 mph. Took it back to the garage where had the wheel bearing replacement and they took a look at this and check any fault codes but could find know reason for it. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

the ABS / wheel speed sensor is also used to control cruise contorl and traction control

so problems with the signal can also result in the traction control cutting in and reducing power and cruise control cutting in and out

so I'd suggest the 1st check that the ABS sensor itself on the repaired bearing corner is carefully checked over

Normal
0

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

you can check the sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

also check that bearing part number as the sensor wheel inside the bearing may be different and so also create issues

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks for your response. I assume I need to go back to the original garage and ask them to look at this again. They did mention that they hadn't used genuine Nissan parts so perhaps this is where the issue lies?! As they told me this after the repair I presume they will need to replace free of charge?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just a thought - as I don't know anything a bout cars or whether your response will result in me getting the car fixed how can I rate your response. It looks like a great response to me but as I have no experience of mechanics how do I tell?
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

you can get back to me on this post and rate my response appropiatly

also bear in mind that you can continue to ask questions to exhange info and solve the issue