Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I overfilled the oil on my Caterham 125 Roadsport with 1.6

I overfilled the oil on my Caterham 125 Roadsport with 1.6 Ford Sigma engine. Lots of white smoke now coming out of exhaust and the occasional misfire. Am i doing the engine any damage? What action should i take if any, please? Tony
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello Tony

Ideally I'd use a siphon tool to suck out the excess oil from the sump via dipstick, any garage should be able to tackle this for you

you can continue to just drive it around and it will eventually burn off but this won't due the catalyst much good or the spark plugs for that matter

it might also be an idea to remove the spark plugs to clean them and a bottle of this too

http://www.cataclean.com/