Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Bentley arnarge 1999 there is a warning light on

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bentley arnarge 1999 there is a warning light on that says spare wheel fitted which I haven't an alarm goes off when I go over 50mph I've tried to cancel it using the trip and cancel but as advised but does not get rid is there a way to disable this alarm
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

This is a non-valid warning on Arnage Red Label vehicles.

To correct the condition, permanently ground out the yellow/slate cable at pin 1, connector 2b (X1952 for left-hand drive cars, X2021 for right-hand drive cars) of the driver's information panel.

this involves removing the panel so you can get to the back of it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find connector 2b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you safely remove the driver information panel
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

to remove the fasica panel:

Unscrew the ventilation control knobs (situated next to each bulls-eye).

Using special tool [RH 12237], push and twist anti-clockwise, to remove the bayonet fitting chrome bezels.

If the tool is not available, it is possible to use hand pressure which should be sufficient to turn the bezels.

A metal trim clip holds each end of the facia panel onto the instrument panel carrier.

To release the trim clips, rotate the adjacent bulls-eye, so that the unseen end face is outward. Use a suitable lever, through the bulls-eye aperture, to separate the facia panel from the instrument carrier panel. Repeat for the other end of the facia panel.

Carefully pull the top of the facia panel outwards, clear of the top roll. Lift the facia panel upwards to release the bottom brackets from the lower trim then remove from the car.

Note:

On Bentley models, the support block (1) on the inside of the facia panel, fits under the bottom row of gauges. During removal, gently push the gauges inwards to provide clearance for the support block