Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Have a problem with suspect fuse to do with in car 12v power

Have a problem with suspect blown fuse to do with in car 12v power supply I've checked all the fuses including the two 20 amp under the bonnet all seem to be OK have I missed something. I have a 2012 focus.
Regards Mick.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.
Hi there Mick , good morning To you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayDo you still require assistance with this issue
Is it all the 12 volt power outlets that don't work
Do you have the registration number thereKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Brian, yes I still require your assistance and it is both power outlets that don't work, and it was me who shorted them out. Reg No is EF61UVJ. Thanks.

Hi Mick good afternoon to you

Ok the most common cause of this concern is a blown fuse at fuse 30

This is a block fuse and can be harder to inspect than the others

I have attached an image to show you the 3 fuses that should be inspected (should have voltage both sides when engine running )

It is commonly fuse 30 that is the issue

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Mick please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your answer Brian, i'll check in the morning when the light is better
Mick.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Morning Brian, just checked the fuse board and the diagram is different to the one you sent me with the block fuses starting with the letter R, the rear power outlet is mentioned at 24 a 20AMP yellow but that is ok because I've changed it anyway if it helps in the handbook the photo of the specification chart has the No E129925 prefix.
Mick.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Brian, unfortunately your answer didn't help as there are differences in the diagram you sent, I have previously 'e' mailed you with the existing problem.
Mick

Hi there Mick , good morning To you and Iam very sorry for the delayed response

I was unable to reply/be online due to some family issues I had to attend to

I have checked through a few diagrams this morning and noted the wiring setup changed between 2011-2012.75 Builds

The he fuse that supplies your front and rear power ports is fuse 61 in the fuse box behind glove box

You should have 12 volts at both sides of this fuse with ignition on

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

The fuse 24 you referred to is on the engine bay fuse box this supplies the luggage compartment power point if fitted

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brian, there is no fuse board in the glove compartment, all fuses are beside the battery under the bonnet with a few in the boot as I've said before the front and rear power outlets are at fuse 24 in my manual and it's ok, if it is a relay any ideas which one, they go from R1 - R16.
MICK.

Hi Mick

If you go down into the passengers footwell and remove the cover there is a fuse box in the area ipward to behind the glove box

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
B
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brian, thanks m8t, spot on, 10 out of ten, both outlets working will rate you highly.
All the best, ***** *****