Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Vauxhall Meriva 12reg. 1400cc. petrol. When the car

I have a Vauxhall Meriva 12reg. 1400cc. petrol. When the car warms up after 15mins. the car jerks as if missing then the Traction Control lights come on, the orange system light flashes then stays on, any ideas??
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: There is no code displayed which in itself is annoying, the car drives ok but when you drop the revs its as it is missing!!
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still waiting for an answer since last evening!!
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
would appreciate an answer to this problem soonest but if not possible could I ask where the diagnostic plug-in port can be found for this model of Meriva reg. LL12YFR.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

this sounds like traction control may be malfunctioning

The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

However with ABS and traction systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.

The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.

Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.

you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.

This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years