Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My tacho flashes on my fiat bravo 2009

Customer Question

my tacho flashes on my fiat bravo 2009
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

If the odometer is flashing its mileage indicates a communication problem on the CAN system. This can be caused by either, a node (ecu) that is not functioning, or the timing of signals incorrect down the CAN lines. If there are no errors in the system then it may just be due to timing, and a proxi alignment procedure is required to be done by the dealership concerned just to eliminate it.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you