Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Engine management light showing after service

engine management light showing after service
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
fault code P1401 is displaying after engibe service
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
fault code P1401 insufficient flow to EGR valve is displaying after 62,000 mile service, what may be the possible reason for this fault code displaying. The car is a Honda Civic 2.2 diesel registration number LC 60 ABV
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

I'd 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the information Matt, is the EGR valve specific to Honda or a standard component used within the auto industry and is the valve set to a specified vacuum level.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) is used throughout the industry to reduce emissions but each engine EGR valve is different so replacement parts have to be purchased from Honda, the valve is an electrical item and so powered by the engine ECU so no vacuum setting is required